Last Updated on June 7, 2021 by Righteous Daddy (Rehan)
Disclosure: My content contains affiliate links, meaning “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
For years, high-end gamers have been using 1080p (1920×1080) as the industry standard. However, many gamers and enthusiasts have been shifting to 1440p (2560×1440) displays in recent years. There is now a growing consensus that it’s the superior resolution to use for competitive gaming. The most common question I get is, what is the best CPU for gaming at 1440p 144hz? In this article, I have listed the best processors for gaming at 1440p 144hz.
Please note that the 1440p 144hz resolution has nothing to do with the CPU. As the supported graphics card is required. You can check out my list of the best GPU for 1440p 144hz. The CPU is only here to assist the GPU.
With that said, let’s get started.
List of best cpu’s for 1440p 144hz
Intel Core i9-10900- RighteousDaddy Choice
This is the first product on my list. The intel core i9-10900 is a powerful CPU that supports the GPU to run 1440p 144hz resolution quite comfortably.
Let’s check out the key specs of this CPU.
- Core i9-10900 has 10 cores and 20 threads. Meaning it can handle the big stuff quite easily.
- The base frequency of this processor is 2.8 gigahertz. However, the max turbo frequency can reach up to 5.2 gigahertz.
- This processor has a built-in smart cache of 20 MB. And has a bus speed of 8 GT per second.
- Another feature worth mentioning is that it has both intel turbo 2.0 and 3.0 technology. With turbo 2.0, you can take this processor to the speed of 5.0 gigahertz, and with turbo 3.0, you can attain 5.10 gigahertz of speed.
- This CPU supports a maximum memory of 128 GB. The memory type that it supports is DDR4-2933. The max memory channels are 2.
- The maximum memory bandwidth can reach up to 4.8 Gb per second.
- This processor comes with a built-in graphics card. It has an Intel UHD 630 GPU with a base speed of 350 megahertz. And can reach up dynamically to 1.20 gigahertz. The max memory of graphics is 64 GB.
- This CPU supports the 4k resolution at 60 Hz.
- The most important thing is a socket. This processor works with the motherboard that has an LGA1200 socket.
- This Cpu has intel optane memory support. It also has hyperthreading for multitasking.
- I9-10900 has a wattage of 65.
My Two Cents
If you are looking for ultimate power in the processor that empowers your GPU to run smoothly with maximum FPS, i9-10900 is the best processor.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
If you are looking for an AMD processor for 1440p 1440hz resolution and gaming, Ryzen 5 3600x Is an excellent option.
Let’s look at its significant specifications.
- Ryzen 5 3600x comes with 6 cores and 12 threads.
- It has a base clock speed of 3.8 gigahertz, and the maximum it can go is 4.4 gigahertz.
- Kindly note that this processor supports the AM4 socket.
- This is an unlocked processor meaning you can overclock it.
- Ryzen 5 3600x has the TDP of 95 watts.
- For caching, it offers a 35 MB gaming cache.
- This processor comes with a built-in cooling system known as a wraith spire.
- It has two memory channels, the system memory speed can reach up to 3200 MHz, and the type for memory is DDR4.
My Two Cents
This is another great processor if you are looking to have more than 100 fps while gaming. The quality of this CPU is top-notch. It has a built-in cooling system and comes with fast system memory to aid the RAM and GPU.
Intel Core i7-9700K
This is the third-best CPU on my list for 1440p gaming. It offers enough power to support the resolution you are looking for.
Let’s look at its specs so you can make a better decision.
- I7-9700k has 8 cores and 8 threads.
- It has a base frequency of 3.6 gigahertz, and with a turbo boost, you can attain the max speed of 4.6 gigahertz.
- For caching, it has a built-in intel smart cache system that has a memory of 12 MB.
- The CPU has a bus speed of 8 GT/seconds.
- The processor has 2 memory channels. The maximum memory it supports is 128 Gb. It has a DDR4 memory type that can go up to 2666 MHZ.
- The processor has a built-in graphics card. This CPU comes with an Intel UHD 630 GPU with a base frequency of 350 Megahertz and a dynamic frequency of 1.2 gigahertz. The maximum memory of the graphics card is 64 GB. Moreover, it supports 4k resolution at 60 Hz.
- This processor is compatible with LGA1151 motherboards.
- I7-9700k has intel optane memory. It also supports turbo boost 2.0 technology by intel.
- It has a TDP of 95 watts.
My Two Cents
If you are looking for a processor that helps your GPU run 1440p 144hz, I would highly recommend this CPU. It has a 12 MB cache and a max turbo frequency of 4.9 Gigahertz, making it one of the fastest CPUs for the job.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
I am enlisting another one from AMD. This is a beast CPU to run 1440p resolution. If you want to have the most potent AMD processor go for this one, it will not disappoint you.
Let’s look at its key specs.
- This is 8 core CPU with 16 threads.
- And Ryzen 7 3700x has a base frequency of 3.6 GHz, and it can reach up to 4.4 GHz with the max boost.
- This is another unlocked CPU, meaning you can overclock it.
- It has a 36 MB of game cache to run the games as fast as possible. You can attain the 100 plus FPS with the help of AMD ryzen 3700x.
- The processor comes with a built-in cooling system. It has wraith Prism for keeping it cool. The cooling socket has RGB led lighting, making it a beautiful processor.
- This processor is made for Am4 socket motherboards.
- The memory speed it supports is 3200 MHZ, and the memory socket is DDR4. I called this one a beast because the intel i9-10900 processor maxed out at 2933 Megahertz.
- The default TDP of this processor is 65 watts.
My Two Cents
This is a great CPU with a built-in cooling system. You can easily run 1440p games. The processor is unlocked one so, you can experience the overclocking as well.
Intel Core i7-10700
This is a 10th generation intel i7 processor offering enough specs to run 1440p at 144hz quite comfortably. If you are looking to pair your graphics card with a powerful CPU, you would love this one.
- Intel Core i7-10700 has 8 cores and 16 threads to offer excellent multitasking and speed.
- It has a base frequency of 2.9 gigahertz and a max frequency of 4.8 gigahertz.
- The processor comes with a built-in 16 MB intel smart cache.
- This CPU has both intel turbo 2.0 and turbo 3.0 technology. With turbo 2.0, you can take the speed to 4.7 gigahertz, and while on turbo 3.0, you can reach 4.8 gigahertz.
- It has two memory channels. The memory supported by this processor is DDR4 at the max speed of 2933 megahertz.
- The processor has its own built-in graphics as well. The graphic card you will get is an intel UHD 630 that supports 4k resolution at 60 hertz.
- The base frequency of UHD 630 is 350 MHz, and on a dynamic frequency, it reaches 1.2 gigahertz.
- It has a TDP of 65 watts.
My Two Cents
There is not much difference between i9-10900 and i7-10700. If you want to save some bucks I would recommend you getting this CPU.