Last Updated on February 22, 2021 by Righteous Daddy (Rehan)
Disclosure: My content contains affiliate links, meaning “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
If you are looking to pair the CPU with GTX 1660 TI, you have arrived at the right place. In this article, I have listed some of the best CPUs that you can pair with GTX 1660 TI. GTX 1660 TI is the right graphics card for low to mid-setting gaming. It is lower in quality compared to the Nvidia RTX series. However, It is a perfect fit for budget gaming PCs.
So, we know that the RAM, CPU, and Graphics card are related to each other. IF one of the things lacks quality or speed, you would have a bad gaming experience.
In this article, we will focus on the best CPU for GTX 1660 Ti. I am going to assume that you already have the GTX 1660 TI. So, I am not going to get into the details of that card. With that said, let’s check out some of the best CPUs you can pair with GTX 1660 TI.
What Are The Best CPUs For GTX 1660 TI?
If you are in a hurry, the best CPUs are the best.
Intel® Core™ i5-10400- Righteous Daddy Choice
This is the 10th generation processor by intel that you can pair with GTX 1660 Ti. It is one of the best CPUs as it is neither expensive nor lacks in performance. A perfect match, I would say.
- This is a 6 core processor meaning it has six separate processing units. The number of threads you are going to get is 12.
- The base frequency of i5-10400 is 2.90 GHz, but on turbo 2.0, it can reach up to 5.30 GHz
- This CPU offers an intel smart cache of 12 MB. Meaning you will experience fast caching compared to the predecessor model.
- The maximum memory it supports is 128 GB.
- The maximum number of memory channels it supports is 2.
- I5-10400 allows the memory type of DDR4 at 2666 MHZ.
- This CPU has a built-in intel UHD 630 GPU.
- The maximum number oF PCI lanes you can get with this CPU is 16.
- I5-10400 has a socket type of FCLGA1200 so, choose the motherboard accordingly.
- This processor has intel optane memory support.
- I5-10400 also supports intel hyperthreading.
- It has a TDP of 65 Watts.
- It has a built-in CPU cooler.
The following are the drawbacks I found in this processor.
Only compatible with intel chipset 400 motherboards
This processor is only supported by the Intel chipset 400 motherboards, so; you have limited options in choosing the right motherboard.
If you are into overclocking, you will be disappointed to know that this processor is not overclockable.
To sum it up following are the things I liked and disliked in this CPU.
Things I Liked
✅It pairs well with GTX 1660 Ti.
Things I Disliked
❌Compatible with Intel 400 chipset motherboards
My Two Cents
Intel Core i5-10400 is the best CPU to pair with GTX 1660 Ti. It has low TDP so, and it runs quiet and cool. Hyperthreading makes it an excellent option for multi-tasking, and the best thing is that this processor is not expensive. Meaning, you will enjoy the GTX 1660 TI gaming experience without putting a dent in your pocket.
However, if you are into overclocking and want to have more motherboard options then, this CPU will disappoint you as it is limited to 400 chipset motherboards and not overclockable.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
This is one of the best AMD am4 socket processors you can pair with GTX 1660 TI. It supports overclocking and offers an excellent speed without getting heated as it has a wraith cooling system.
Let’s look at its specs so you can decide if it is suitable for you or not!
- Ryzen 5 3600 by AMD is the 6 core processor with 12 threads. It is quite similar to intel i5-10400 in terms of cores and threads.
- The base clock speed of this processor is 4.6 GHz. However, you can boost it up to 4.2 GHz.
- This is an unlocked processor meaning you can overclock it. However, note that AMD does not offer warranty claims if something goes wrong while overclocking.
- It offers 348 kb of L1 cache, 3 MB of L2 cache, and 32 MB L3 Cache.
- It has the PCIe 4.0 x 16.
- Ryzen 5 3600 has a similar TDP to intel core i5-10400 as it is 65 watts.
- It has 2 memory channels. Supported Memory is DDR4. The Ram can reach up to 3200 MHz.
The following are the limitations you can face with this processor.
AMD ryzen 5 3600 cooling system is questionable. It runs hot under stress. It runs very hotly, especially with overclocking. Hence, you need to consider how crucial a cooling system is for you before purchasing this processor.
No integrated graphics
This is not a significant issue as we are discussing the CPU to pair with GTX 1660 TI. However, it is worth knowing that it has no built-in graphics.
Things I liked
Things I Disliked
❌No integrated GPU
My Two Cents
IF you are into AMD and looking to pair the best AMD processor with 1660 TI, this is the one. It is supported by AM4 motherboards and offers outstanding value. You can overclock this CPU, and the best part is it supports PCIe 4.0. However, it has few issues. The first one is a cooling system that plainly sucks in my eyes so. You should consider getting the cooling system with this CPU. The second drawback it has no integrated GPU. The integrated GPU can come in handy when you try to cool things down or do minimal tasking. However, this is not a deal-breaking issue. So, yes, I would highly recommend this processor to AMD lovers.
Intel Core i7-9700K
If you want more power and have more money to spend, then intel core i7-9700k offers power and features that will make your pc a beast. However, the beast comes at a price so. I would only recommend this processor to those who have the budget to build a more powerful PC.
Let’s check out what this CPU is offering.
- This is an 8 core processor with 8 threads. The threads are less than i5-10400. However, it has 2 more cores.
- The base frequency of 17-9700k is 3.6 GHz, and boosted frequency is 4.92 GHz.
- This is an unlocked processor designed for gamers so, you can overclock it.
- I7-9700k has a 12 MB smart cache system.
- The intel turbo boost system is available in this CPU.
- The TDP is 95 watts.
- This CPU supports 128 GB of Memory.
- It supports the DDR4 memory type, and the RAM can achieve 2666 MHz at max. It is lower compared to AMD ryzen 5 3600.
- The intel core i7-9700k has the integrated UHD 630 graphics.
It’s time to look at what it not offers.
No cooling system
The cooling system is not included with this processor. So, you have to buy it separately. That’s a bummer because it is an expensive processor so, I was expecting the cooling system to be there.
The i7-9700k does not support hyperthreading. However, it is still a potent processor.
Things I liked
✅Runs Very Fast
Things I disliked
❌No cooling system
My Two cents
Despite lacking the cooling system and hyperthreading, this CPU runs very fast. And, when paired with GTX 1660 Ti. IT gave satisfying results, so I would highly recommend you to buy this one if you have the budget.
Wrapping it up!
Okay, fellas, this the end of this article. I have tried my best to share the best CPU’s that you can pair with GTX 1660 TI. I have selected these CPUs after the research of 4 days. I put so many hours into research so, you should get the best processor.
If you like the work I am doing, share it with others. Also, feel free to share your opinions or questions in the comment section below. 😊